September 24, 2008

Autodesk Discussion Group Login/Redirect URLs

I am still trying to get used to the new web interface in the Autodesk Discussion Groups and also updating my shortcuts and favorites to adjust the URLs for the new consolidated login. I found myself being shunted to the main Autodesk website when going directly to the consolidated login page, rather than to the Discussion Groups. My browser home page was set to the old Discussion Group login page, and my first attempt to update it allowed me to login, but then I had to navigate to where I wanted to go. To add insult to injury, the Services & Support > Discussion Groups link from the main Autodesk webpage was (and as of right now, still is) broken.

A little bit of looking at the Javascript commands behind the Login links on the Discussion Group pages and a bit of experimentation has resulted in the following URLs:

To login and be redirected to the main Discussion Group Index page:
https://discussion.autodesk.com/ConsolidatedLogin/html/login.action?handoffURL=/forums/index.jspa?categoryID=1

To login and be redirected to the AutoCAD® Architecture Index page:
https://discussion.autodesk.com/ConsolidatedLogin/html/login.action?handoffURL=/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=10

I will be changing the Autodesk Discussion Group Login link in the right column to redirect to the main index page (which is what would have happened previously, after logging in), but will use the second one for my home page, desktop shortcut and favorites, since I spend most of my time in the AutoCAD Architecture Discussion Groups.

No comments: