December 16, 2005

Off Topic Again: Pies

This weekend is Highland Park Boy Scout Troop 5's annual Parent-Son Camping Weekend. The troop goes camping every month, and I try to go along when I can, but December's trip is focused on getting at least one parent out with each boy for some good old-fashioned bonding. We rent a cabin, so that "I'm not sleeping in a tent in this weather" is not an excuse.

The highlight is the Saturday dinner "feast", when everyone makes their favorite dish and we have a smorgasbord of culinary delights. The kitchen can get rather crowded, so for the last several years I have taken off the day before and made pies for dessert. Here are this year's results:


Pumpkin Pie


Apple Pie


I usually do not bake much during the rest of the year, so you can expect that future posts over the next few months will stay on topic, and that I will not have to rename this blog to The Architect's Oven.

No comments: