If you save that as your default, it should get your Layer Key Style and Layer Standard into a drawing file. But if you have multiple Layer Standards, or have not set that up, it is important to note that while you can use the Style Manager to copy a Layer Key Style from one drawing to another, doing so does not bring the Layer Standard on which that Layer Key Style is based along for the ride. Without the Layer Standard, Layer Key Overrides will not work (assuming that your Layer Standard is set up with multiple descriptive fields supporting overrides). Here is how to copy a Layer Standard from an external file to the current drawing file.
- In the Layer Properties Manager, select the Layer Standard tool, located at the far right side of the tool bar at the top of the palette. The Layer Standards dialog will open.
- In the Layer Standards dialog, select the Import/Export button. The Import/Export Layer Standards dialog will appear. On the left side of the dialog, the Current Drawing's Layer Standard(s) will be listed. On the right side, the Layer Standards of an External Drawing will be shown, if one had previously been selected. If not, it will be blank, as in the image below.
- If you have an External Drawing selected, and it contains the Layer Standard you want to import, you can skip to Step #4. Otherwise, use the Open button to open a file dialog in which you can navigate to a drawing file that has the Layer Standard you wish to import. Select that drawing file and select the Open button in the file dialog to return to the Import/Export Layer Standards dialog with the desired External Drawing file in place. Or, if the Recent Files drop-down list has any drawings listed, and if one of those has the desired Layer Standard, you can select it from the drop-down list, rather than using the Open button.
- In the External Drawing list box on the right side of the dialog, select the Layer Standard(s) you want to import. Then select the <<< Import button to import it/them from the External File to the Current Drawing. The name(s) of the Layer Standard(s) selected should appear in the Current Drawing list box.
- Select the OK button in the Import/Export Layer Standards dialog to accept the change. The imported Layer Standard name(s) will be shown in the Layer Standards dialog. Select the OK button to confirm the change, dismiss the Layer Standard dialog and return to the drawing.