Changing the cut plane back to 3'-6" will, of course, change it back in both viewports. In order to have different global cut planes for the two plans, you will need to have two separate Display Configurations. This is easily done in the Display Manager:
- With model space in one of the plan viewports active, on the Manage ribbon tab, on the Style & Display panel, choose the Display Manager tool.
- In the left pane, select the Configurations node under the current drawing.
- In the right pane, right click on the current Display Configuration, which will appear in bold type, and choose Copy from the context menu.
- In the right pane, right click in the white area below the list of Configurations and choose Paste from the context menu.
- In the left pane, expand the Configurations node and select the copied Display Configuration - in the expample, High Detail (2).
- In the right pane, on the General tab, rename the Display Configuration with a more meaningful name, if desired.
- On the Cut Plane tab, set the desired Cut Height for the cut plane of the new Display Configuration.
- Click OK in the Display Manager to accept the changes and return to the drawing.
- Set the new Display Configuration current in the plan viewport where you want the new cut plane applied.